Sweet and sour sauce. Sweet and sour is a very popular sauce in Chinese cuisine, with many different ways to make it. This recipe is the style that would be found in a Chinese This sweet and sour sauce isn't just for Chinese food. Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
Chinese food and sweet and sour sauce go hand in hand and for that reason you'll find it served in every Chinese restaurant and at every takeout. Homemade sweet and sour sauce is quick, easy, and the perfect condiment for Chinese takeout or your own fried chicken. While it can be found in diverse forms in China, the American version of sweet and sour sauce that you're likely to get in your bag of takeout builds upon a simple mixture of. You can have Sweet and sour sauce using 10 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour sauce
- Prepare of Chicken breast.
- You need of Pineapple or mango.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Lemon.
- It’s of Sugar/orange juice.
- You need of Vinegar.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Red n green peper.
Make this with Crab Rangoon for dipping as an appetizer and this makes for an easy Chinese takeout meal at home! Sweet and Sour sauce is essential for dipping Crispy Homemade Egg Rolls or my favorite Crab Rangoon! If you've never tried a homemade sweet There are so many things you can use Sweet and Sour Sauce for. Toss your favourite meatballs in them, use it as a dipping sauce for all sorts of.
Sweet and sour sauce step by step
- Dice the chicken into chunks marinate with salt black paper and some garlic set aside to rest for 30min.
- Mean while dice the pineapple or mango into chunks set aside dice onion green and red pepper set aside.
- Put like 2tbsp of oil to a pan add the marinated chicken to make it brown add in small amont of water and seasoning with lemon to let cook for about 10min.
- Set aside and add 2tbsp of oil again to pan add garlic and onion stir fry add green red peper in add the vinegar soy sauce add sugar add abit of water bring to boil dilute the corn flour add to make it thick and add the chicken and then the pineapple.
- Serve with anythn white or jollof.
Sweet and sour is a generic term that encompasses many styles of sauce, cuisine and cooking methods. It is commonly used in Asia and has been used in England since the Middle Ages. Sweet and sour remains popular in Europe and the Americas. There are many variations of Chinese sweet and sour sauce. Some use tomato sauce while others just use vinegar and sugar directly.