White Bean Marinara.
This Delicious White Bean Marinara using 9 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Bean Marinara
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of sliced mushrooms.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of (each 15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of (each 8 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need of dried basil.
- You need of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare of heaping cups baby spinach.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella cheese.
White Bean Marinara instructions
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook them, stirring occasionally, until they are browned and softened. Then add the garlic and cook until just fragrant..
- Stir in the beans, tomato sauce and seasonings to the pan and let it come up to a simmer. Once simmering, let it cook for 10 or so minutes. Then stir in the spinach. Once the spinach wilts down, add the cheese over the top and pop a lid on to let it melt. Or if your skillet is oven-safe, you can pop it under the broiler for a couple minutes. Then serve it up..
- Pictured here as leftovers served over red lentil pasta. I added some heavy cream and zucchini to the leftovers and heated it all through on the stovetop..