Meatballs and onions in tomato sauce – daoud basha. Daoud Basha was known to be tyrant, but other than that, I could not find any more information. Heat the olive oil in a pan and stir in the onion and garlic. Dawood Basha in simple words is spiced meatballs in tomato sauce.
The Best Meatballs No Tomato Recipes on Yummly For the sauce, put the onion and celery into a food processor and blitz to a mush. (Or you can chop as finely as humanly possible by hand.) Add the cans of plum tomatoes, filling up each empty can with water to add to the pan. Found in most tapas bars, this traditional dish tastes best when served piping hot straight from the pan. This Perfect Meatballs and onions in tomato sauce – daoud basha using 9 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Meatballs and onions in tomato sauce – daoud basha
- Prepare 1 kg of finely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 kg of tomatoes, peeled and cut in small pieces.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 6 of medium onions, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for several minutes or until browned on all sides. Italian Meatballs Tomato Sauce Weeknight Dinner Main Dish Easy. These meatballs are not pan-fried first, which helps cut down on dishes and keeps the meatballs tender; just make sure your lidded saucepan, stock pot, or Dutch oven is large enough to fit all your sauce and meatballs before you.
Meatballs and onions in tomato sauce – daoud basha step by step
- In a food processor, blend the ground meat, cinnamon, allspice and salt until you get a homogeneous meat paste..
- To prepare the meatballs, wet your hands with some water and divide the meat paste into small balls the size of a small plum..
- In a deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the meat balls. Remove and drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In the same saucepan, fry the onion slices until tender then add back in the fried meat balls. Add the tomato pieces and the dissolved tomato paste. Cook over medium heat..
- When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan and let it simmer for 15 min..
- Serve hot with vermicelli rice..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile.
With your hands, shape the meatballs into the size of golf balls and then pat them down so they will evenly cook. For the tomato sauce: In a large pot, heat the extra-virgin olive oil and cook the onions until translucent. Stir tomato sauce and water together in a large pot; bring too a boil. Gently lie meatballs into the sauce, place cover on the pot, and reduce heat The end result in my house as it was delish. I found that you need to use good judgment on the size of the onion.