Nigiri Sushi (How to Make Sushi Rice and Form the Sushi).
This Yummy Nigiri Sushi (How to Make Sushi Rice and Form the Sushi) using 5 easy ingredients and 20 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Nigiri Sushi (How to Make Sushi Rice and Form the Sushi)
- It’s of White cooked rice.
- Prepare of Vinegar.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of to 60 pieces Toppings (neta) of your choice.
Nigiri Sushi (How to Make Sushi Rice and Form the Sushi) instructions
- Combine the sushi vinegar ingredients and mix together well. Put into a pan and heat over low heat. When the sugar and salt have dissolved, it's done..
- Use freshly cooked rice. If you use rice that's been kept warm for a while, it won't absorb the sushi vinegar and will become wet and soggy. Use a bit less water than usual when cooking the rice..
- Transfer the freshly cooked rice to a pre-moistened wooden sushi tub, and pour on the sushi vinegar. Cut the vinegar into the rice with a rice paddle. Don't knead the rice..
- Fan the rice to evaporate any excess moisture. This also adds shine to the rice grains,.
- When the rice has cooled down to the point where you can touch it with your hands, cover it with a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel, then with the lid..
- Each piece of nigiri sushi weighs about 16-18 g. With 3 rice cooker cups worth of rice (before cooking) you can make 55 to 60 pieces. When slicing the fish, slice against the grain..
- If you hold the knife vertically 2 mm before you slice though the fish, the cut side will have a nice and clean finish..
- This is how it looks when you hold the knife blade vertically. The right side of the slice will be a bit thicker..
- Moisten your hands with vinegar-water (50/50 rice vinegar and water mixed together). Hold a piece of topping (a fish slice here) in your right hand, and spread on a tiny bit of wasabi with your left index finger..
- Make a small round ball of sushi rice and place it on the topping. Make a dent in the sushi rice with your left thumb. This makes a packed sushi rice that is soft and gently falls apart in your mouth..
- Press the top and bottom of the shari with your right thumb and index finger..
- Press the shari with your right index finger to form the bottom of the sushi..
- Roll the whole sushi in your palm and turn it over so that the topping is on top..
- Press both sides with your right thumb and index finger..
- Press the top of the sushi with your left thumb while you press down with your right index finger..
- Flip it over..
- Press the sides as in Step 14..
- Press the top of the sushi with your left thumb while you press down on it with your right index finger, as in Step 15..
- The nigiri sushi is complete, but if it feels too loose, repeat Steps 13 to 15 again..
- Try making the sushi with all kinds of toppings – it's fun!.