This Appetizing Sushi Rice using 5 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Sushi Rice
- It’s of japanese rice.
- Prepare of seasoning-.
- You need of rice vinegar.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of salt (double the quantity if using sea salt).
Sushi Rice instructions
- This recipe and quantity is for cooking with rice cooker. So when I say 1 cup it is a rice cooker cup (180 ml size)..
- Wash the rice gently 3-4 times, until water runs clear. Let the rice soak in freshwater for 30 mins.Transfer the rice into a sieve and drain completely..
- Put the rice in rice cooker bowl and add water. If your cooker bowl has "sushi" option add water till 1 cup line. otherwise add 180ml water. Place bowl in and start cooking..
- To make sushi vinegar, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep this aside. You can make a big batch of sushi vinegar and store it in a glass bottle..
- Once the rice is cooked, moisten a large bowl with water so the rice will not stick and transfer the cooked rice into it. Spread out evenly so the rice will cool faster. While it’s hot, pour sushi vinegar over the rice..
- With a rice paddle or flat spoon, slice the rice at a 45 degree to separate the rice grains instead of mixing, let it cool down a little. Then gently flip the rice in between slices. Keep the rice covered with a damp towel (or paper towel) until ready to use..