Left over prime rib stew. Now that Christmas is over, many of us have leftover prime rib sitting in the refrigerator. What to do with the leftover meat slices is easy The best part of this stew is that you can also use up your leftover au jus and wine, and serve the stew with a dollop of leftover. Using the leftover rib meat knocks your average beef stew out of the park.
Be the first to review this recipe. Trim the prime rib and put the best parts aside. Place the bones and fat and the lesser parts into a pot, and cover with water, just enough to cover it all. You can cook Left over prime rib stew using 14 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Left over prime rib stew
- Prepare of left over prime rib pieces and bones.
- You need of left over veggies.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of tumeric.
- Prepare of thyme sprigs.
- You need of rosemary sprigs.
- Prepare of oregano sprig.
- You need of water.
- It’s of liquid smoke.
- Prepare of beef stock (to taste for 16oz water).
- You need of salt to taste.
- You need of pepper to taste.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of red wine.
Leftover prime rib is good for more than just sandwiches. A Leftover Prime Rib Sandwich is the best way to enjoy your prime rib roast leftovers. How to make a leftover prime rib sandwich: This particular sandwich recipe is served cold. You can certainly warm the meat, but since I take great care to cook it perfectly the first.
Left over prime rib stew step by step
- You will need a double dutch oven, something to stir with and tongs. Oh and leftovers from my prime rib recipie xD https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353470-prime-rib.
- Set your oven to 230°F. Place your left over rib peices in the lid of your double dutch oven and your veggies in the bottom. Place in the oven and allow the beef and veggies to brow slightly. Around 15 minutes..
- Carefully remove the items from the oven. Coat the veggies with the flour and add the stock and drippings into the pot stirring in the seasoning. Slice up the rib pieces into small bite sized bits and add all the remaining ingredients into the pot (including the rib bones) and place it back into the oven with the lid on. Allow to cook for 45 minutes..
- Carefully remove the pot from the oven and remove the rib bones. Give a stir and serve..
Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? These leftover prime rib recipes are even better than when you ate the roast on Christmas Day. Add prime rib and beef broth to a crock pot. I cooked a prime rib for Christmas dinner and it was kind of tough – pretty disappointing considering what you pay for prime rib – I didn't over cook it (we like it rare) but it was not the cut it with a fork dinner I had hoped for – anyway – does anyone know of a recipe that might help. Tagged with Eat What You Want; Left over prime rib.