Chili Mac and cheese. This delicious chili mac and cheese with ground beef, diced tomatoes, rich tomato sauce, chili beans and spices is cooked all in one pot–including the macaroni! All Reviews for One-Pot Chili Mac and Cheese. Chili Mac and Cheese tastes like your favourite Chili – with the added cheesy goodness of Mac & Cheese!
Not too spicy, so perfect for a family meal (add hot sauce if you like heat!). Who can resist two favorite comfort foods combined into one? It's mac and cheese combined with a super easy homemade chili using pantry ingredients, combining two of your favorite kind of comfort foods in a single one pot meal. You can have Chili Mac and cheese using 9 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Mac and cheese
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (85% lean).
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of water.
It's quick, easy and sure to be a hit with the entire family. It's the best of both worlds, with lots of gooey, melted cheese and tender pasta mixed with a hearty blend of spices, meat, and beans. This is your chance to get it all in. This Mexican/southwestern casserole of comfort food is high on taste and low on the scale of difficulty—a delicious combination. —Mary Aguilar, Shelby, Ohio.
Chili Mac and cheese instructions
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
How to Make Vegetarian Chili Mac and Cheese – Step by Step Photos. Begin by dicing one yellow onion and mincing two cloves of garlic. This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese combines two great comfort foods all in one! Mix the chili into the macaroni and cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional Cheddar and the green onions.