Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce. This spicy nacho cheese sauce is absolutely awesome with veggies, soft pretzels, and nachos! None of that processed stuff, either. A far cry from processed, this spicy nacho cheese sauce is to die for.
Nothing beats a warm, soft pretzel straight out of the oven. I've made pretzels before, quite a few times actually, but never have I made a traditional pretzel. I complimented this recipe with a spicy beer cheese sauce that was to … die … for. This Tasty Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce using 14 easy ingredients and 19 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce
- It’s 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of dry active yeast.
- It’s 2 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coarse salt.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot mustard.
- It’s 1 cup of hot habanero cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
The two were a perfect match. These Soft Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce are the perfect snack for tailgating. Make a mustard cheddar cheese sauce for pretzels by adding a dollop of your favorite mustard to the prepared cheese sauce. Like, seriously awesome soft pretzel bites!!
Soft Pretzels and Spicy Cheese Sauce instructions
- Mix yeast and warm water. Let sit for five minutes or until foamy..
- Add flour, salt and sugar to mixture. Mix well..
- Knead on floured surface for six minutes. You may need to add flour until dough is tacky but not sticky..
- Let dough rise in an oiled bowl covered with a tea towel for 1 hour..
- Separate into twelve balls. Roll each out into half inch wide ropes..
- Twist into a pretzel shape by forming a U then crossing ends and pressing ends onto the bottom of the U..
- Let pretzels rest for 15 minutes..
- Dissolve baking soda in a bowl if hot water..
- After pretzels have rested, put them one at a time into the baking soda solution. Let each soak for 30 seconds, flipping halfway through if not fully submerged..
- Put drip dried pretzels onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If they are a little wet this is ok..
- Brush pretzels with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt..
- Bake at 450 for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- For cheese sauce it is best to have all ingredients prepped and ready- measure milk and mustard, shred cheese, melt butter and whisk in flour..
- Bring milk to a slow boil on medium heat while whisking..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low..
- Slowly add flour/butter mixture while whisking. (You want the sauce as thick as a nacho cheese).
- Add cheese and whisk until fully melted.
- Add hot mustard and whisk.
And dipped in that homemade cheese sauce (no processed ingredients pretzels adapted from Alton Brown cheese sauce is a Smells Like Home original. There's nothing like a warm pretzel! I like 'em with spicy brown mustard. The Best Pretzel Dipping Sauce Recipes on Yummly