Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce.
You can cook Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce using 20 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce
- It’s of Chicken Stuffed Squash.
- It’s 1 cup of rotisserie chicken, diced.
- It’s 3 of tablespoons, olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coriander, ground.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of Salt, to taste.
- You need 3/4 of cup, mozzarella, grated, divided.
- You need 6 of tablespoons, panko bread crumbs divided.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 10 each of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s 16 oz of summer squash.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 16 oz of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of sprig fresh oregano.
- It’s 1 of Salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar, as needed.
Roasted Summer Squash Boats Filled with Chicken and Ricotta Topped with Fresh Garlic Tomato Sauce instructions
- Please take the time to read through the entire recipe card before beginning..
- Preheat your oven to 425º F. While your oven is preheating dice the tomatoes for the tomato sauce and set aside. Next prepare the ingredients for the chicken stuffed squash..
- In a large bowl mix the cooked chicken and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then mix in the coriander, paprika, pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Next add 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 4 tablespoons panko bread crumbs, ricotta, and parsley. Stir thoroughly to combine. Check seasoning, and add salt if necessary..
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to grease the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish. Then cut the squash into ‘boats’, by first cutting a very thin slice off of each side of the squash, then cut in half directly between those sliced edges. The first cuts will act to level the bottom of the boats. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds, and slightly hollow the boats. Place the squash into the oiled baking dish, and season with salt..
- Fill the hollows of the squash with the chicken mixture. The boats should be heaping and full. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 10 minutes uncovered, then remove from oven. While the squash is cooking, make the tomato sauce..
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, and then add the minced garlic. Cook, stirring all the while, until aromatic and slightly translucent. Add diced tomatoes and fresh oregano. Continue to cook while stirring. Once tomatoes have released their liquid, season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust acidity with vinegar as desired..
- After the squash has cooked for 10 minutes and the tomato sauce is ready, add tomato sauce to the bottom of the baking dish spreading evenly around the squash, and cover with foil. Cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.