Port-Braised Short Ribs.
This Yummy Port-Braised Short Ribs using 13 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Port-Braised Short Ribs
- Prepare 26 of Beef Short Ribs.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of AP Flour.
- You need of Salt/Black Pepper.
- You need 4 c of Mirepoix (3 yellow onions, 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks).
- You need of Truffle infused EVOO.
- You need 3 of Shallots, minced.
- It’s 1 bottle of Port.
- You need 2 qt of Beef Stock.
- It’s 2 c of Madeira wine.
- It’s 4 of Fresh Thyme, sprigs.
- You need to taste of Salt/ Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Butter.
Port-Braised Short Ribs instructions
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Preheat a large dutch oven with vegetable oil, Enough to coat the pan. Toss the short ribs into the salt and black pepper mix. Shake off excess flour.
- Place short ribs into hot pan, fat sides first, and carmelize all sides. Remove from pan..
- Add the mirepoix, and drizzle in the truffle olive oil. Stir and brown. About 8 minutes..
- Add shallots. Cook 3 minutes..
- Deglaze pan with port, add beef stock, and add the short ribs. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add madeira, fresh thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and put it in an oven at 250°F for 4 hrs..
- Remove cover, and ladle 3 oz of the braise sauce into a sauce pan. Turn it to high, and reduce. 2 – 3 minutes. Swirl in 1 T of butter. Spoon over short ribs when plating..