Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma.
You can have Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma using 15 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma
- It’s of allspice.
- You need of oregano.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of cinnamon.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- You need of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt.
- You need of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s of whole wheat pita pockets.
- You need of thinly sliced red onion.
- It’s of fresh parsley.
- You need of diced tomatoes.
- You need of sliced cucumbers.
- It’s of hummus.
Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma step by step
- In a small bowl, stir together the allspice, oregano, salt, garlic powder, cinnamon, and cayenne. Set aside..
- Place yogurt and lemon juice in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Add half of the spice mixture and stir to combine. Add the chicken thighs and gently turn to coat in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight..
- Coat the bottom of a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken and all of the yogurt marinade. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through..
- With a fork or slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a large bowl (discard the cooking liquid). Shred the chicken with two forks, then sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over the top. Stir to coat with the reserved spices..
- Serve the chicken shawarma inside warmed pita bread, sprinkled with desired toppings..