Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma.
You can cook Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma using 15 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma
- It’s 1 tablespoon of allspice.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of oregano.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 cup of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s 2 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare of whole wheat pita pockets.
- Prepare of thinly sliced red onion.
- It’s of fresh parsley.
- It’s of diced tomatoes.
- You need of sliced cucumbers.
- It’s of hummus.
Slow Cooker Yogurt Chicken Shawarma step by step
- In a small bowl, stir together the allspice, oregano, salt, garlic powder, cinnamon, and cayenne. Set aside..
- Place yogurt and lemon juice in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Add half of the spice mixture and stir to combine. Add the chicken thighs and gently turn to coat in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight..
- Coat the bottom of a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken and all of the yogurt marinade. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through..
- With a fork or slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a large bowl (discard the cooking liquid). Shred the chicken with two forks, then sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over the top. Stir to coat with the reserved spices..
- Serve the chicken shawarma inside warmed pita bread, sprinkled with desired toppings..