Beer Battered Onion Rings.
You can cook Beer Battered Onion Rings using 10 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Beer Battered Onion Rings
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need of egg yolks, beaten.
- You need of Lager or amber beer is best.
- Prepare of sweet onion.
- It’s of flour for dredging rings in before dipping in batter.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
Beer Battered Onion Rings instructions
- Combine dry ingredient and mix well..
- Whisk in eggs and beer. Mix well. Refrigerate at least and hour..
- Peel and slice onion to desired thickness. I usually do 1/2 inch slices. Separate slices into single rings..
- Add about 2 to 3 inches of oil in pan. Enough to deep fry rings in..
- Heat oil to 350°F..
- Dredge rings a few at a time into flour then dip in batter mixture..
- Drop separately into hot oil a few at a time. Do not over crowd. Give them room so you can flip easily..
- Fry about 1 minute or until golden brown and flip. Cook other side until golden brown also. Repeat with rest of rings..
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. May sprinkle with salt when fresh out of oil to adhere it to rings..