Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting.
You can have Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting using 19 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting
- It’s of Cookie dough.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Shortening.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 2 of each eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 3 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of frosting.
- You need 4 cup of SIFTED powdered sugar. Do not skip the sifting as it will result in grainy frosting.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 3/4 cup of Softened butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Vegetable shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Optional: Gel food coloring and Sprinkles.
Heidis Soft sugar cookie with Buttercream frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- In a mixer bowl cream together the sour cream, butter and sugar until well blended..
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract, add slowly to mixer bowl beating in after each addition. The rule is if you see the egg in the bowl then you are adding too much at a time..
- Sift together ALL dry ingredients. Add in 2-3 batches to mixer bowl..
- Do not overmix batter as it will yield tough cookies..
- Scoop out dough in walnut sized balls, roll in hands, place on cookie sheet and flatten the top slightly.They should be placed 1" apart..
- Bake for 6-9 minutes depending on oven. These cookies should not become brown or golden. they should remain white. They will look undercooked. They're not. DO NOT overcook. Every minute baking counts for this recipe..
- Remove from oven promptly. To stop them from over baking remove to a cooling rack. Allow to cool before frosting..
- For the frosting mix everything in a mixer bowl until smooth and creamy. Add food coloring if desired.Sometimes frosting requires extra powdered sugat, if youd like a little thicker frosting add 1/2 C more of powdered sugar..
- Once cooled frost your cookies and decorate with sprinkles. Let frosting crust before stacking/storing..
- These taste better when left to sit over night! ENJOY! ^-^.