Ladybirds Fried Egg Biscuits/Cookies.
You can have Ladybirds Fried Egg Biscuits/Cookies using 11 easy ingredients and 16 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Fried Egg Biscuits/Cookies
- It’s of softened butter.
- You need of very fine sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of egg.
- You need of plain flour.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of icing sugar.
- It’s of -5 drops yellow food colouring.
- Prepare of sugar to decorate.
- It’s of cinnamon to decorate.
Ladybirds Fried Egg Biscuits/Cookies step by step
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside till needed . Preheat oven to 160°C ..
- Using electric mixer beat together the butter , sugar and vanilla extract , on medium for about 5 minutes or until light fluffy and creamy ..
- Add the egg and beat till combined ..
- Sift the flour into the butter mixture and using a wooden spoon , gently mix the flour though until you form a dough ..
- Flatten the dough slightly and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes ..
- Once Doug has chilled , roll the dough out between two sheet of baking paper until about 3mm thick , you may find it easier to do it in two batches ..
- Using about an 8cm biscuit/cookie cutter , i used an egg ring , cut out as many pastry discs as pastry allows ..
- Arrange pastry biscuits/cookies onto the prepared baking paper lined oven trays , about 2cm apart and place in the Preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden ..
- Once cooked remove biscuit filled trays from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for at least 5 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely ..
- Whilst the biscuits/cookies are cooling start preparing the icing mixture , by, placing the egg whites into a clean bowl along with 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and using an electric mixer , beat for about 3 minutes then add the 3 cups of icing sugar and continue beating for about a further 2 minutes or until very smooth ..
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the prepared egg white mixture into a piping bag and very carefully pipe a small circle in the center of the biscuit/cookie then pipe around the outer edge of the biscuits/cookie , repeat with all remaining biscuits/cookies ..
- Once first step of the icing decoration is done , place any remaining icing mixture out of the piping bag and back into the egg mixture bowl and add the last 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and mix to combine ..
- Now fill piping big with the egg white mixture again and proceed to fill between the outer edge circle and the inner circle on the biscuit/cookie , making sure not to leave any gaps . Repeat with all remaining biscuits/cookies . Once all are done place any remaining icing mixture back into the egg white mixture ..
- Now with the remaining icing mixture add few drops of yellow food colouring to the mixture and mix to combine , add more if a deeper colour is desired , then place the mixture into a piping big and pipe the yellow icing mixture into the inner egg white circle on the biscuit/cookie to create the egg Yolks , repeat with all remaining biscuit/cookies ..
- Once all are iced and ready , sprinkle each biscuit/cookie with a little of the fine sugar and cinnamon to decorate as if the effect of salt and pepper , and set them aside for 5 so the icing can set ..
- Once all are prepared , place on serving plate and enjoy . 🙂 ..