You can have Cream Stew using 17 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cream Stew
- Prepare of chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need of potatoes (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare of carrot (chop into chunks).
- You need of onion (sliced thinly).
- It’s of celery (sliced thinly crosswise).
- You need of napa cabbage leaves (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare of mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of Japanese stew roux (according to the directions on the package).
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of white wine.
- Prepare of milk (soy milk).
- You need of miso.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of shredded cheese.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of parsley for topping.
Cream Stew step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and cook chicken on both sides until they change color and smell good..
- Add all vegetables and stir fry until they are coated evenly. Pour wine and water in it and simmer over medium heat until the vegetables soften.(for about 15 mins) Skim off the foam when it rises on the surface..
- Turn off the heat and add stew roux and lightly stir. Let it stand for a while.(for about 5 mins) Add milk and simmer again with low heat until thickened. Keep stirring from time to time not to make it burned..
- Add miso, cheese and butter last. Season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to mix. Sprinkle with parsley for topping..