Buttermilk Sausage Gravy.
You can have Buttermilk Sausage Gravy using 6 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Sausage Gravy
- You need of bulk breakfast sausage, your favorite variety.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of buttermilk.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of sea salt (start with 1/2 tsp and adjust to taste).
Buttermilk Sausage Gravy instructions
- Crumble and brown breakfast sausage in a large, deep sided saute pan over medium heat until brown and beginning to crisp. About 8 minutes. Remove sausage from pan to paper towel lined plate, leaving grease in pan..
- Whisk flour into sausage drippings to make a roux. Cook until golden, stirring constantly. About 3-4 minutes. This cooks out the raw flavor of the flour..
- Whisk milk and buttermilk into roux until well incorporated and no lumps remain, scraping up any bits sticking to the pan Increase heat to medium high. Bring gravy to a slow boil until it thickens slightly, whisking constantly. About 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low. Taste a piece of cooked sausage to gage its saltiness. Stir in sausage, pepper and salt to taste (usually 1/2-1tsp for me). Lightly simmer uncovered until you have a nice thick gravy, stirring often. About 10 minutes more..
- Serve over your favorite biscuits, toast, eggs, hash browns, heck just about anything! Lol! Enjoy!.