Baked Bechamel Pasta. Browned ground meat sandwiched between two layers of saucy pasta and topped with a thick luscious béchamel sauce. Return pasta to the pot and pour in bechamel sauce. Pasta bakes are a fantastic way to save time, money and effort.
Creamy white sauce pasta aka béchamel sauce pasta is one of my favorite pasta recipes. The funny thing is that I never made white sauce pasta or Béchamel Sauce Pasta here in the US. Pastitsio consists of luscious layers of baked seasoned ground beef, pasta, and a creamy bechamel sauce. You can have Baked Bechamel Pasta using 24 easy ingredients and 17 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Baked Bechamel Pasta
- Prepare of For mince:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of Beef/Chicken Mince.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 4 tbs of oil (i used sunflower oil).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped tomato.
- It’s 1 tbs of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cumin powder.
- You need 1 of chicken stock (if using stock, don't add salt until required).
- You need 4 tbs of tomato paste (packet/tin).
- You need of For pasta:.
- Prepare 6 cups of pasta (you can also use spaghetti).
- Prepare of Salt (as per requirement).
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s of Water for boil.
- Prepare of For Bechamel sauce:.
- You need 1 of full packet of bechamel powder (i used knorr brand).
- Prepare 6 cups of full cream milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Crushed pepper corns.
- You need of Salt (if required).
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- You need of Oregano to sprinkle on top.
This is Greek comfort food at its finest. A baked Greek pasta with flavorful lamb (or beef) bolognese & nutmeg-infused bechamel. It consists of chicken breast, penne pasta, vegetables, and herbs, and is topped with a luscious bechamel and mozzarella cheese. How to Make Baked Pasta Bolognese with Bechamel Sauce.
Baked Bechamel Pasta instructions
- Take a pot and add water. Let it heat for few minutes. When you see the water almost starts boiling, add the cups pasta and then add salt and oil. Keep checking the pasta to avoid over boil..
- For Mince: After setting the pasta to boil on one side, take another pot and add oil, add onions and saute till onion becomes transparent and then add chopped garlic (4 cloves) and tomatoes..
- Let it cook for sometime and once you see tomatoes release water and is getting cooked, add mince (Beef/Chicken) and cook till mince changes its colour..
- Lower the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well..
- Add chicken stock or salt. Make sure you check the saltiness and then adjust it as per requirement. Close the lid and cook for 8 mins..
- Add tomato paste and black pepper. Mix well and let it cook for another 6 – 7 mins..
- For Bechamel sauce: Once pasta is boiled and mince mixture is made. The last step is to make the Bechamel sauce..
- Take a pot and add milk. Let the milk turn warm and add the Bechamel powder and usually there will be pieces of powder collected and i would prefer you to take wooden spoon to mix the milk and Bechamel powder. If you have whisk, that would be amazing option instead of wooden spoon..
- Keep mixing the milk and Bechamel powder and in between add pepper corns powder. If required add salt..
- Keep mixing the sauce and slowly as the sauce heats up the thicker it gets. Once done, off the flame..
- Now for making the proper Bechamel pasta, take wide glass bowl (Make sure its safe to put in oven) or a baking tray..
- Firstly spread 4 tbs of Bechamel sauce on the glass bowl or tray..
- Then add half pasta on the top of sauce which was mentioned in above step. And add half of the Bechamel sauce on top of pasta..
- Then add full mince mixture on top of half pasta..
- Later add the rest pasta on top of mice mixture. And add the rest Bechamel sauce..
- Lastly, add mozzarella cheese on top as per preference. And sprinkle oregano on top of mozzarella chesse..
- Put in the oven for 120 degree for 25 mins (in some ovens temperature varies, so be careful). Add check every 15 mins to make sure the mozzarella cheese doesn't completely burn. Once the cheese turns golden brown, Remove it from over and let it cool a little. And serve..
For the Bechamel Sauce: In large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat just until slightly bubbly. You can use any type of pasta you like. The most common are Penne (which is my favorite) angel hair, spaghetti or elbow macaroni. This quick and easy penne pasta lasagna is lasagna made simple. If you wondering why it's so creamy it's because it has both tomato sauce and bechamel sauce plus three different kinds of cheese.