sugar cookies with icing. For the frosting for these cookies, I did not use a royal icing, which I know is popular. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners 'sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
Let set for a few minutes. Thin the remaining icing with a few drops of water. Once the cookies are cool, make the icing. You can cook sugar cookies with icing using 10 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of sugar cookies with icing
- You need of softened butter.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of vanilla.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of food coloring.
You'll need a thick 'border' icing and a thinner 'filler' icing. Sprinkle on a little edible glitter before the icing sets. Great for beginners and tastes amazing. You'll have perfectly decorated sugar cookies in no time!
sugar cookies with icing step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar..
- Beat in eggs and vanilla..
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt..
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour..
- Roll out dough on flour-dusted surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters..
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet..
- 6-8 minutes in 400°F preheated oven..
- Let cookies cool completely before icing..
- Mix confectioners sugar and milk to make icing with desired food coloring. Adjust consistency of icing by added very small amounts of milk at a time..
This sugar cookie icing is my go-to icing recipe when decorating cookies. Royal icing is a sweet, hard icing made from powdered sugar, egg whites or meringue powder, and flavorings like vanilla or a squeeze of lemon juice. It is used to decorate sugar cookies and gingerbread houses. The biggest difference between royal icing and a frosting like buttercream is in. I actually prefer to decorate my sugar cookies with my buttercream frosting.