Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane).
This Tasty Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane) using 10 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane)
- It’s 5-6 pounds of pork ribs, I like to use baby back ribs.
- Prepare 4 of Serrano or 2 Jalapeño chiles.
- You need 2 of large handfuls of Cilantro, coarsely chopped.
- You need 12 of medium sized tomatillos.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 of large yellow or white onions, chopped any way you like.
- You need 8 of large garlic cloves, finely minced.
- Prepare 4 of big handfuls of Purslane, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 12 of small red potatoes, quartered.
Pork Ribs with Verdolagas (Purslane) step by step
- Broil the tomatillos and chiles in a 450º oven for 15 minutes..
- While tomatillos are broiling, cut the ribs into 2 rib sections and brown them in olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt and remove from pot..
- To pot, add onions and garlic and sauté over medium flame stirring occasionally until softened. Remove pot from heat while you work on the sauce..
- To blender, add cilantro, chiles, tomatillos and 3 cups water. Blend till smooth and add to pot..
- Return pot to heat and stir sauce. Taste for salt..
- Add ribs making sure sauce covers them. If it doesn't, add more water. Bring to a boil then turn heat off..
- Cover Dutch oven with lid and place in a 325º oven. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes..
- Remove lid and add potatoes. Try to push the potatoes down into the sauce. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked..
- Remove lid and add chopped purslane. Spoon sauce over the purslane. The potatoes may have absorbed the salt in the sauce, so taste for salt and add more if desired. Cook another 10 minutes..
- Remove Dutch oven, stir and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove any bones where meat has fallen away. Serve with warm tortillas..