Sticky Lamb Coconut Curry.
This Perfect Sticky Lamb Coconut Curry using 13 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Sticky Lamb Coconut Curry
- You need 4 of lamb leg steaks- diced & shaken in a bag with a tbsp flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of Gara Masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ras El hanout.
- You need of lots of white pepper and salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 of large red pepper.
- You need of big handful of spinach.
- It’s 1 of whole bunch of coriander (optional, or use less if you are not a fan).
- It’s of Serve with coconut or plain white rice, popadoms and chutney.
Sticky Lamb Coconut Curry step by step
- Chop the onion and fry aggresively in a pot/pan with all the spices for about 4 mins, turn the heat down and add the garlic and continue to cook for a few mins. remove from the pan and set aside..
- Return the pan to a medium to high heat and add a drop of oil (your choice) add the floury lamb and cook until sealed, add the onions and spices back to the pan with the meat..
- Open your can of coconut milk but dont shake it up, pour the watery part of the milk into the pan, saving the real thick stuff until the end..
- Add a little bit of water and allow the meat and spices etc to cook for about 40 mins stirry occasionaly..
- Once the sauce has thickend, add the diced red pepper and half of your coriander and half of the thick coconut milk and allow to simmer for another 10 mins..
- Your curry is nearly ready so pop your rice etc on to cook..
- Once you are nearly ready to dish up add the rest of your coconut milk, spinach and almost all your coriander, saving some leaves to garnish. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat, stir well and serve..
- Sprinkle with remaining coriander leaves and a few crushed chilli..