Lamb With Spring Vegetables.
This Perfect Lamb With Spring Vegetables using 14 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Lamb With Spring Vegetables
- You need 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 of shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 700 grams of boned leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 pints of chicken stock.
- It’s 115 grams of pearl barley, rinsed.
- You need 225 grams of baby carrots.
- It’s 225 grams of small turnips, diced.
- It’s 225 grams of frozen petits pois, thawed.
- It’s 225 grams of frozen baby broad beans, thawed.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of chopped fresh parsley, to garnish.
Lamb With Spring Vegetables step by step
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan. Add the shallots, garlic and celery and cook over a low heat, which stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until softened and lightly browned..
- Meanwhile, season the flour with salt and pepper and roll the lamb cubes until well coated..
- Transfer vegetables to the slowcooker. Add remaining oil to pan and down off the lamb cubes..
- Gradually stir in the stock and add the pearl barley, turnips and carrots – season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil before transferring to the slowcooker. Stir well and cook on low for 8 hours..
- Add petits pois and broad beans to the slowcooker, stirring well. Cook for a further 30 minutes..
- Serve garnished with parsley..