Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast. Put leftover French or challah bread to good use with this decadent French toast layered with apples, brown sugar, pecans and butter—lots of butter. In large bowl, beat remaining French Toast ingredients. Baked french toast is the best – definitely makes it easier to have guests over so you don't have to slave away in the kitchen!
Overnight French Toast Makes Breakfast Easy. The past few days, I've been spending time with some awesome bloggers in San Francisco. I like to serve the french toast casserole with some maple syrup, but powdered sugar and even caramel sauce could make fun additions. This Tasty Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast using 9 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast
- You need 4 of slices of bread.
- It’s 4 of eggs beaten.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 of apples, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecans (chopped or whole).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caramel sauce for drizzle.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon or lime juiced.
This easy overnight casserole is pretty self explanatory. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, then mix in the butter, apples and raisins. Add your Review / Question. how to make Baked Apple French Toast. Begin with the custard: in a large bowl, combine the eggs, half For the French Toast.
Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast step by step
- Beat eggs and add milk and sugar.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Grate apples with skin on. Add lemon to stop browning..
- Chop raisins and pecans (or whichever nut you have).
- Spray bottom of pan or casserole that will fit the bread with non-stick spray.
- Place egg soaked brwad into bottom on pan in one layer.
- Evenly distribute the apple, raisins, nuts and caramel topping..
- Bake in a 350°F oven for approx 40 minutes or untill set and browned.
For a sensational Sunday brunch dish, try this French toast. You put it together the night before, so you only need to bake it and make the sauce the next morning.—Brad Shue, Harper, Kansas. How to Make Pecan Delight Baked French Toast. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Apple and Sausage French Toast Casserole with Cinnamon Syrup.