Eloise's Brown Sugar Cookies (shape cookies).
This Appetizing Eloise's Brown Sugar Cookies (shape cookies) using 12 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Eloise's Brown Sugar Cookies (shape cookies)
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of lard (Snowdrift or Crisco).
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of sour cream.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of nutmeg.
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of almond extract.
- Prepare of heavy whipping cream.
Eloise's Brown Sugar Cookies (shape cookies) instructions
- To make the frosting, combine butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat at medium speed and add remaining powdered sugar alternately with the heavy whipping cream. Beat until smooth. Set aside until cookies are baked..
- Cream together in a mixer: brown sugar, lard, eggs.
- Mix together and add to the above: sour cream, baking soda, nutmeg.
- Add flour enough to make a soft (but not sticky) dough..
- Roll out dough (on a well floured board) to about 1/4 inch thick, cut into desired shape with a cookie cutter, lift carefully and place on a buttered (greased) cookie sheet or baking pan..
- Bake at 425 degrees. Size of cookies determines the length of baking time (about 10-14 minutes). When cool, frost and sprinkle with colored sugar..