French Toast for One.
You can have French Toast for One using 10 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of French Toast for One
- You need 2 of thick slices of bread (~ 3/4"). I like brioche, challah, and Texas toast. Slightly stale is even better.
- You need of extra maple syrup or powdered sugar to finish.
- It’s of butter for cooking.
- Prepare of Custard ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole milk (If you like it richer, you can use half and half or cream. If lighter, lowfat milk.).
- You need 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- You need a few of grinds (or small pinch) of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or sugar.
French Toast for One instructions
- In a medium bowl, mix all the custard ingredients and beat or whisk until thoroughly combined. (Sometimes I like to pick out the chalaza, which is the twisty white cord from the egg.).
- Pour the custard mixture in a baking dish and soak your bread in the custard, flipping after about 20 seconds to make sure both sides absorb the mixture..
- Preheat your frypan to medium, melt about a Tablespoon of butter on it and spread it around..
- Cook your French Toast for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until each side is golden brown, and the center of the bread has firmed up from the custard cooking through. If you see that the toast is browning too quickly for the custard to cook through without burning the toast, turn the heat down just a bit..
- If you can't fit both whole pieces of bread on your pan or griddle, cutting the bread slices in half might enable you to arrange them so you can cook them in one batch..
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup or sprinkling of powdered sugar. :).