Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries.
This Appetizing Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries using 13 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs large , separated.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 6 ounces of cream cheese , cut up.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of butter melted.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare one of lemon zest of large.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of blueberries fresh or frozen.
Lemon Cream Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk. Add cream cheese and mix until cream cheese has separated into uniformly small lumps, about the size of large cottage cheese curds. Stir in melted butter, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest..
- Add dry ingredients to wet, then stir to combine. Whisk two egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold gently into batter..
- Heat a griddle or cast iron pan over medium high heat, until a drop of water sizzles. Lower heat to medium; butter or oil pan..
- Drop batter into pan by 1/3 cupfuls. Once the batter has spread, drop in the berries. You might want to drizzle some batter to cover them. These need to be cooked a bit longer than you might expect; they won't bubble as quickly or as much as plain pancakes. Turn down the heat if necessary, to keep them from over-browning, and let them puff up to their full extent after you turn them, which will take 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, or jam..